Wednesday, November 4, 2009
This is another assignment I did for Chris Paynes Class. We were assigned 2 words and had to illustrate them in 6 hours. Mine were silent majority and this is what I came up with. For the whole assignment being limited to six hours I am pretty content with what I came up with. The piece is done in acrylics with a little bit of color pencil. I think if I went back through I would fix the shadows and add more fleas. What do you think?
Yay for my second post! I feel again a bit weird about this painting also. Once again they are very at their original size. Does anyone know how to get images of oil paintings on your computer without them looking like crap. Every attempt I have made does not look as good as the original. The sheen the oil paint has in certain places reflects the light of the scanner and does funky things to the image. It drives me crazy and if anyone has a solution to this problem please let me know... thanks!
My first post ever in the history of my blog is an oil painting of Micheal Jackson. It is a very small painting and was originally intended to be for a stamp. The project was for Chris Payne's class. Honestly I am not a big fan of this piece and I am not quite sure why.... I have spent a long time without looking at it and I still don't know quite what is odd or off about it but there is something a bit strange about his face in this painting(and in real life). I was hoping I would get more of a crit on this piece but I guess that is what you guys are for so feel free to critique away! :-)
P.S.- If you click on these images they are HUGE and need to be resized. What you see in the post is closer to the actual size of the original painting which is only like 4 inches on its longest side. I will fix these later.